Butzel Long hosts free webinar on March 26 focused on Executive Orders on COVID-19: What Health Care Providers Need to Know
DETROIT, Mich. – Butzel Long is hosting a complimentary webinar from 9-10:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 26, 2020 on the Executive Orders on the COVID-19 pandemic and the potential effect on the business operations of health care providers. To register, visit www.butzel.com/events.
Attorneys from Butzel Long’s health care, employment, business law, and employee benefits groups will present a summary of key issues, followed by an interactive question-and-answer session to raise specific concerns. Topics will include:
- Governor Whitmer’s shelter-in-place executive order, and the executive order on non-emergency medical procedures;
- Responsibilities to maintain health insurance or any other benefits if operations are closed;
- Staff hours, reduced schedules, and filing for unemployment;
- Sick time policies, effect on PTO plans, FMLA;
- Tax credits to businesses;
- Small business loans and other funding supports;
- Coordination of state and federal orders and legislation;
- Donations/loans of disposable and capital equipment; and,
- Announcements of various regulatory relief.
Topics are likely to change based on the most recent developments, but webinar participants will have an up-to-date look at key issues affecting their businesses, employees, and patients.