Butzel Long hosts 22nd Annual Labor and Employment Law Forum on October 2 in Dearborn
Seminar focuses on Employment Law Solutions for Successfully Surviving The Great Recession, And Beyond
DETROIT, Mich. – In today's economy, employers are confronted with a wide variety of labor, employment, employee benefits and immigration issues. Butzel Long will offer discussion and strategies for human resources managers, business owners, in-house attorneys, and anyone involved in human resources or employment issues during the firm's 22nd Annual Labor and Employment Law Forum on Friday, October 2, 2009 at The Dearborn Inn, 20301 Oakwood Boulevard in Dearborn.
Attorneys from Butzel Long’s Labor and Employment Law Practice will offer timely information on a broad range of issues during this one-day seminar which begins with registration at 7:30 a.m. The conference runs from 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. The $160 registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, reception and seminar materials.
The program kicks off with An Update on New Developments including a discussion of some of the important decisions and developments in labor and employment law during the last year. Next, there will be a presentation on Employee Leave Issues. A panel discussion will focus on a variety of issues facing employers with regard to leave issues, including the new FMLA regulations, military leave, furloughs, benefits issues, flex schedules, etc.
In addition to the general session, the forum features 15 breakout workshop sessions focusing on issues faced by most employers. Participants can customize this part of the seminar by selecting three of the 15 workshops offered.
Workshop session topics include:
- RIFS, Shutdowns and Furloughs
- Labor Law for Non-Union Employers
- Saving on Labor Costs and Spending Your Training Dollars Wisely
- The New ADA Amendments
- An Introduction to Labor and Employment Statutes
- Employee Benefits Compliance in Difficult Economic Times: Lay-offs, Facility Closings and Benefit Reductions
- Your Confidential and Propriety Assets Are At Risk - Three Important Steps to Protect Them
- Back to Basics
- FMLA, New Regulations and Advanced Issues
- An Employer's Guide to Addressing Technology Issues
- Workplace Privacy
- Retalitation: Plaintiffs’ New Best Friend
- ICE’s New I-9 Audit Initiative and Other Recent Immigration Developments
- Wage and Hour Update
- Maintaining Morale and Productivity in Tough Economic Times
Register online at www.butzel.com. For inquiries, call Sherry Beaupré at Butzel Long at (313) 983-7415.
About Butzel Long
Butzel Long is one of America's leading law firms, with 240 attorneys and offices in Detroit, Bloomfield Hills, Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York City, Washington, D.C., Boca Raton and Palm Beach, Florida, as well as Alliance offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Mexico City and Monterrey.
The firm is also a member of the Washington, D.C. law firm Butzel Long Tighe Patton. Butzel Long represents clients from diverse industries on a regional, national and multi-national level and is a member of Lex Mundi, a global association of 160 independent law firms. Visit the Butzel Long website at www.butzel.com.
* * * * *
Media Contact: Maribeth Farkas at Caponigro Public Relations Inc., (248) 353-3030.