Butzel Long attorney Les Glick to speak on USMCA at ABA International Law Section Annual Meeting
Co-Chair of the Butzel Long International Trade and Customs Specialty Team, Les Glick, will be a panelist at the American Bar Association International Law Section annual meeting to be held April 14- 15, 2021. Les will be a speaker on the panel entitled,
“Increased Customs Enforcement and How it Impacts International Trade and USMCA”
Federal law enforcement executives who have recently retired from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), and the U.S. Commerce Department 's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) will discuss the mission and enforcement priorities regarding import, export, and other international trade activities under the Trump Administration. Topics will include the 'Trade War with China', the 'Trump' extra 25% tariffs. Experienced customs attorneys will discuss merchandise from China, antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, Investigating, arresting, and prosecuting exporters of military equipment, violators of U.S. embargoes and sanctions programs, false declarations of exported cargo and false identification of end-users and false final country of destination, money laundering. The ex-government enforcement personnel will also discuss, along with experienced customs attorneys in the U.S.and Canada, customs aspects of the USMCA, and current and anticipated enforcement issues relating to USMCA.
- Customs Law
- International Transportation
Program Chair and Moderator and Speaker:
- Peter Quinter, GrayRobinson, P.A., Shareholder, Miami, FL
- Les Glick, Butzel Long, P.C., Shareholder, Washington, DC
- Jessica Horwitz, Bennett Jones, Partner, Toronto, ON Canada
- Robert Luzzi, Black Rhino Consulting LLC, President, Boca Raton, FL
The panel will be presented on April 15 at 2.35 pm. Les will focus on customs enforcement issues relating to the new U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement(USMCA) and other areas.
- Among other planned speakers planned at the overall conference is Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer; The Right Honourable Kim Campbell, 19th Prime Minister of Canada and the Hon. Estaban Moctezuma, Ambassador of Mexico to the United States