Executive Orders on COVID-19: What Healthcare Providers Need to Know
Join us for a complimentary session on the COVID-19 pandemic and potential effect on the business operations of healthcare providers. Attorneys from Butzel Long’s healthcare, employment, business law, and employee benefits groups will present a summary of key issues, followed by an interactive question-and-answer session so you can raise your specific concerns. Topics will include:
- Governor Whitmer’s shelter-in-place executive order, and the executive order on non-emergency medical procedures
- Responsibilities to maintain health insurance or any other benefits if operations are closed.
- Staff hours, reduced schedules, and filing for unemployment
- Sick time policies, effect on PTO plans, FMLA
- Tax credits to businesses
- Small business loans and other funding supports
- Coordination of state and federal orders and legislation
- Donations/loans of disposable and capital equipment
- Announcements of various regulatory relief
Topics are likely to change based on the most recent developments, but you will have an up-to-date look at key issues affecting your business, employees, and patients.
Please direct inquiries to Jonathan Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.