BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. – Butzel Long attorney and shareholder Thomas A. Kabel is the moderator and lead presenter at a Homeward Bound seminar titled, “Opening the Closing Statement” on March 9, 2018. The seminar is presented by ICLE and the State Bar of Michigan’s Real Property Law Section.
Program participants will gain added insight on the following:
- The types of escrow agreements available;
- Identify the various methodologies for property tax prorations;
- Understanding the differences between the seller, buyer, and lender closing instructions;
- How to ensure wired funds and wiring instructions are secure; and,
- Determine the key components of a seller’s residential closing disclosure.
Kabel concentrates his practice in the area of commercial real estate and real estate-related finance. He has been involved in all facets of acquisition, disposition, leasing, financing and development of real property throughout his career.
He has extensive experience representing commercial lenders in conventional financing and also has served as bank and bond counsel on numerous industrial revenue and other tax-exempt financings.
Kabel is a council member of the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan and is former chair of the Section's CLE Committee and of the Section’s Special Committee on Commercial Leasing and Property Management.