Latest workplace issues affecting southeast Michigan employers focus of November 29 conference
Butzel Long hosts 31st Annual Labor, Employment, Benefits, and Immigration Law Forum at MotorCity Casino Hotel in DetroitButzel Long hosts 31st Annual Labor, Employment, Benefits and Immigration Law Forum at MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit
DETROIT, Mich. – Human resources professionals, general counsel, business owners and all who deal with employees need a playbook to keep up with changing laws, regulations and other issues impacting today’s workplace. Butzel Long’s 31st Annual Labor, Employment, Employee Benefits, and Immigration Law Forum will focus on key legal matters on Thursday, November 29, 2018, at the MotorCity Casino Hotel, located at 2901 Grand River Avenue in Detroit.
The seminar begins with registration at 7:15 a.m. The conference takes place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The $190 registration fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch and seminar materials.
“Labor, employment, benefits and immigration issues ebb and flow,” said Daniel B. Tukel, Chair of Butzel Long’s Labor, Employment and Employee Benefits Department. “We have developed 12 workshops to tackle the most pressing workplace issues impacting southeast Michigan employers.”
Workshop session topics include:
- Retention and Transition Strategies
- The Employee Benefits Game
- Hot Topics in Business Immigration Law: A Discussion of Recent Developments
- My Colleague is Paid How Much?
- Arbitration vs. Litigation
- How the National Labor Relations Act Applies to Your Non-Union Employees
- Taming the FMLA
- Employer Immigration Compliance and Worksite Enforcement
- Dealing with the Mentally and Emotionally Challenged Employee
- Workplace Investigations
- Protecting Your Trade Secrets and Effective Non-Compete Agreements
- Service/Emotional Support Animals and Other ADA Accommodation Issues
A highlight of the program will be the keynote speaker Barbara McQuade, former United States Attorney General for the Eastern District of Michigan. Ms. McQuade is a University of Michigan Law Professor and MSNBC Legal Analyst. Her presentation is titled, “Investigations in the Age of #MeToo.”
For more information or to register online, visit event. For inquiries, contact Nairi Bagdasarian at 313-225-7012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Attorney
- President & CEO
- Senior Attorney