Estate and Succession Planning Legal Assistant
POSITION: Estate and Succession Planning Legal Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction of attorneys and paralegals, the candidate will be responsible for providing legal, administrative and clerical support to attorneys and paralegals in the Estate and Succession Planning Practice Group. This can include, but is not limited to, preparation of estate planning documents, probate pleadings, updating and maintaining client binders, drafting correspondence, document assembly and distribution to clients and other duties as may be assigned.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties.
- Open and maintain digital legal files according to accepted legal practices and Firm policy.
- Provide client matter management assistance.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, memoranda and legal documents including probate estate administration pleadings, wills, trusts, deeds, powers of attorney and other estate planning documents.
- Communicate with clients and trust grantors and beneficiaries.
- Maintain attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Document and input attorney reimbursable expenses.
- Assist attorney(s) with client billing.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the job classification.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping attorney/client information confidential.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good proofreading, grammar and editing skills.
- Responsible, organized, detail-oriented and a problem solver.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in timely manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with the following software programs preferred: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and AdobeDC.
- Experience using HotDocs is helpful.
- Experience using ProSystems Fx is helpful.
- High production skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Use good judgment to make decisions appropriate to level of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new skills and systems quickly.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree or
- Minimum three - five years of relevant legal support work preferred
To submit your resume or for information regarding current career opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org