Immigration Paralegal II
LOCATION: Detroit or Troy, Michigan
GENERAL PURPOSE: File various applications and petitions with the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“USCBP”), U.S. Immigration Customs and Enforcement (“USICE”), U.S. Department of State (“USDOS”) and the U.S. Department of Labor (“USDOL”).
- Maintain tickler system/database for timely filing of extensions, petitions, and
- Knowledgeable regarding the concepts, practices, and procedures of Treaty U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement (formerly “NAFTA”) and DHS and related government agencies.
- Draft and coordinate applications and petitions for filing with USCIS, USCBP and USDOL including Consular filingsprocessed by USDOS such as:
- TN Applications
- H-1B Petitions
- H-4 Applications
- H-3 Petitions
- J-1 Petitions
- L-IA/L-IB Petitions
- Blanket L Petitions
- Request for Evidence filings
- E Visa Applications
- Appeals on denial of petitions or applications
- Fiance Visa Petitions/Applications
- PERM Applications
- Immigrant Petitions
- Adjustment of Status/Consular Process filings
- Nonimmigrant Visa Applications
- Waiver Applications
- Green Card renewal filings
- Naturalization Applications
- Draft letters and affidavits supporting applications and
- Obtain and organize documents supporting applications and
- Research availability of foreign documents (i.e. birth, military, prison, and police records) and assist clients in obtaining Coordinate certification of foreign documents.
- Coordinate translation of foreign
- Coordinate equivalency and evaluations of foreign
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using INS ZOOM.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING:
- Bachelor Degree and Paralegal Certification from an ABA approved program is required.
- This is an experienced position that requires two (2) to eight (8) years Paralegal experience with demonstrated abilities in most major areas of responsibility.