William A. Penner
William A. Penner is Counsel to the firm practicing in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office. Mr. Penner enjoyed a twenty-nine year career in the Trust Department of Comerica Bank. He managed River Place Financial Corp., the Stroh Family Office, from 1994 to 2005. As a result of the sale of River Place Financial to Community Central Bank in Mt. Clemens, Michigan, Mr. Penner now is the CEO of River Place Trust, a division of Community Central Bank.
Mr. Penner holds a B.A. from The University of Michigan (1959) and a J.D. from Wayne State University Law School (1966). Mr. Penner is a member of the Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit.
- Wayne State University Law School Law School 1966, J.D.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate 1959, B.A.
State Bar of Michigan
Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- Provided complex Estate Planning services for numerous Senior Executive level individuals from major automotive manufacturers.
- Handled the administration of several estates in excess of $100 million.
- Created numerous private charitable foundations.
- Provided estate and succession planning services for some of the wealthiest individuals in Michigan.