William A. Penner
William A. Penner is of Counsel to the firm, practicing in Butzel Long’s Troy office. He has been associated with Butzel Long since 1993. Prior to that, Mr. Penner enjoyed a twenty-nine year career in the Trust Department of Comerica Bank. He also managed River Place Financial Corp., the Stroh Family office, from 1994 to 2005 until its sale to Community Central Bank in Mt. Clemens, Michigan.
Mr. Penner holds a B.A. from The University of Michigan (1959) and a J.D. from Wayne State University Law School (1966). He is listed in the 2020-2022 editions of “The Best Lawyers in America” for his work in the practice area of Trusts and Estates.
- Wayne State University Law School 1966, J.D.
- University of Michigan 1959, B.A.
The Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2020-2022
State Bar of Michigan
Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit
- Handled the administration of several estates in excess of $100 million.
- Created numerous private charitable foundations.
- Provided estate and succession planning services for some of the wealthiest individuals in Michigan.
- Provided complex Estate Planning services for numerous Senior Executive level individuals from major automotive manufacturers.