Shaun Gregory is an Associate practicing in Butzel Long’s Washington D.C. office. Mr. Gregory graduated from the University of Richmond School of Law and focuses his practice on patent prosecution and patent counseling for companies in the electronics and computer industries.
Mr. Gregory has extensive experience with patent prosecution, opinion, and post-grant review work, freedom-to-operate, invalidity, licensing, and IP rights analysis. He also has experience in technology and IP-related transactions, negotiation and review including wired and wireless telecommunications management and infrastructure, power management, encryption, data storage, network and data security, mainframe environments, distributed processing, client/server software, data communications, lighting infrastructures, and autonomous vehicles.
Prior to and during law school, Mr. Gregory served for five years as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in Technology Center 2400, where he examined hundreds of patent applications relating to computer security and cryptography.
Before beginning his legal career, Mr. Gregory spent over 15 years in the telecommunications and wireless networking industries in increasing roles of responsibility. His practical technical experience includes implementing security and e-commerce solutions, developing web-based applications, and designing internet infrastructure and data centers.
- Intellectual Property
- Licensing & Technology
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Emerging Technology Specialty Team
- Cybersecurity and Privacy Specialty Team
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Emerging Technology
- Media Law
- Privacy, Data Breach & Data Security
- Technology & E-Discovery
- Telecommunications and Technology
- University of Richmond School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- University of Phoenix (M.B.A., 2006)
- Charter Oak State College (B.S., 2002)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- District of Columbia
American Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association