Regan K. Dahle
Regan K. Dahle is a shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Ann Arbor office, counseling clients in the areas of employment law and labor relations. She has defended employers in arbitrations; unfair labor practice and representational proceedings; and employment-related litigation, including sexual and racial harassment, age, gender and racial discrimination, wage and hour, breach of contract and intentional tort litigation. Ms. Dahle has practiced extensively in both federal and state courts, as well as in front of various administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Michigan Department of Civil Rights and Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
Ms. Dahle routinely advises clients on a wide range of labor and employment-related issues. Her experience involves advising employers about and drafting employee handbooks and employment policies, employment applications, independent contractor agreements, and employment agreements. Ms. Dahle advises clients on OFCCP compliance, drafts Affirmative Action Plans and represents federal contractors in OFCCP audits. She also advises higher education clients on a variety of student and faculty issues such as breach of contract, due process violations, FERPA issues, discrimination, and disability accommodation. Her clients include community colleges, universities, hospitals, medical practices, automotive suppliers, third-party administrators and city and county governments. Her extensive experience and expertise in labor and employment law issues allow her to supply strategic, effective advice to her clients.
Ms. Dahle has briefed and argued cases in a wide array of state and federal courts. Noteworthy cases in which she has been involved include:
- Flones v. Beaumont Health Sys., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 83118 ( E.D. Mich. June 13, 2013). Summary judgment for the employer in an age discrimination and retaliation case brought under Title VII.
- Butler v. Cooper Standard Automotive, Inc., 498 Fed. Appx. 549 (6th Cir. 2012). Summary judgment for the employer in a race discrimination and retaliation claim.
- Wojciechowski v. William Beaumont Hosp., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 87526 (E.D. Mich. 2006) aff'd Case No. 07-1047 (6th Cir., Sept. 27, 2007). Summary judgment for the employer in a disability discrimination and failure to accommodate case brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Vredevelt v. GEO Group, Inc., 145 Fed. Appx. 122 (6th Cir. 2005). Summary judgment for the employer in a case alleging gender discrimination and sexual harassment by a female corrections officer.
- Savas v. William Beaumont Hosp., 102 Fed. Appx. 447 (6th Cir. 2004). Summary judgment for the employer in a gender discrimination, retaliation, tortious interference and intentional infliction of emotional distress case brought by a physician with staff privileges with the defendant.
- Langer et al. v. Bd. of Ed. of the Oak Park School Dist. et al., Case No. 06-073650-CD (Oakland Cty. Cir. Ct., Dec. 4, 2007). Summary judgment for the public employer on a multi-plaintiff case alleging breach of contract and promissory estoppel violations in relation to an early retirement severance plan.
- Denman v. City of Taylor, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 34187 (E.D. Mich. 2005). Summary judgment for the public employer in a case involving an alleged violation of the former employee's First Amendment right to political association.
Ms. Dahle is co-author of the Chapter "Dealing with the Unionized Workforce," in the Institute of Continuing Legal Education's publication: Employment Law in Michigan and she authors a quarterly article for the State Bar of Michigan Labor and Employment Section's Lawnotes publication. She is also a frequent presenter on various labor and employment law topics, including OFCCP compliance, effective employee handbooks and employment applications, the Family and Medical Leave Act, sexual harassment, alternative working arrangements, and the legal and practical implications of managing food allergies in public schools.
Ms. Dahle is the former Chair of the Washtenaw County Bar Association's Labor and Employment Section. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, Labor and Employment Section and the Washtenaw County Bar Association. Ms. Dahle is also a graduate of the Leadership Ann Arbor program. She is a founding member of the Food Allergy Children's Team, a support group for parents and caregivers of children with food allergies.
Ms. Dahle is an honors graduate of Wayne State University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1995), and the University of Michigan (B.A. with distinction, 1987). She serves as the Chairperson of the Firm's Paralegal Committee.
- Wayne State University Law School Law School 1992, J.D.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate 1987, B.A. with distinction
Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2018 - 2021; Employment Law - Management, 2021; Labor Law - Management, 2021
DBusiness Top Lawyers Metro Detroit, Labor and Employment Law, 2021; Civil Rights Law, 2011 & 2012
State Bar of Michigan - Labor and Employment Section
Federal Bar Association
Washtenaw County Bar Association - former Chair of Labor and Employment Section
Leadership Ann Arbor - Graduate
Food Allergy Children's Team - Founding Member
- Integrally involved on labor and employment matters in the two ACH plant divestitures, i.e., plants being bought by our clients
- Obtained summary disposition in a 16 plaintiff case against a major school district
- Butzel Long hosts 27th Annual Labor, Employment, and Immigration Law Forum November 7, 2014 in Dearborn
- Latest developments in labor, employment and immigration law to be highlighted during November 15 seminar
- Butzel Long attorney Regan K. Dahle featured at Michigan Association of School Personnel Administrators Winter Conference
- Butzel Long attorney Regan K. Dahle featured at Michigan Association of School Administrators Fall Conference September 24-26
- Butzel Long attorney Regan K. Dahle to speak at MCSA 20th Annual Spring School Law Conference on May 15 in Lansing
- Butzel Long attorney Regan K. Dahle to speak at Michigan Association of School Boards' Annual Fall Conference
- May 21, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- September 25, 2014
- September 30, 2013
- Aerospace & Defense Newsletter - OFCCP Promises Stricter Affirmative Action Plan Requirements for ContractorsAugust 1, 2012
- August 1, 2008
- July 9, 2008
- December 1, 2007
- Detroit, MI
- Detroit, MI
- Detroit, MI
- Detroit, MI
- Dearborn, MI