Paul W. Howarah
Paul Howarah is an associate based in Butzel Long’s Bloomfield Hills office. Mr. Howarah focuses his practice in the areas of corporate law, taxation law, and commercial real estate.
Mr. Howarah advises clients on corporate and tax issues related to the sale or acquisition of businesses and on matters involving general corporate and business law.
Prior to joining Butzel Long, Mr. Howarah was a Senior Associate at an international (Big 4) accounting firm. There, he represented companies on tax controversy matters, structured transactions in a tax-efficient manner, and advised corporations and private equity firms on merger and acquisition tax issues. Mr. Howarah’s prior experience includes working at one of the “Big Three” automotive companies, where he focused on international tax matters.
Mr. Howarah is a graduate of Wayne State University Law School. During law school, Mr. Howarah served as an Executive Article Editor for The Journal of Law in Society and was a student attorney for the Business and Community Law Clinic (“Law Clinic”) of Wayne State Law School. As a student attorney for the Law Clinic, Mr. Howarah advised local businesses on entity selection and business expansion methods, including franchise law, and drafted corporate governance and related documents. Mr. Howarah completed his undergraduate education at Oakland University, where he earned a bachelor of science in business administration with a major in finance.
Mr. Howarah is an active member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Oakland County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Association for Corporate Growth.
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Corporate and Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Emerging Technology
- Entity Selection & Structure
- Estate & Succession Planning
- Franchise Specialty Team
- Health Care Industry Team
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mutual Funds/Registered Funds
- Non Profit Organizations
- Private Equity
- Property Taxes
- Regulatory Compliance
- State and Local Taxation
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Oakland University, B.S., Finance
State Bar of Michigan
Oakland County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Association for Corporate Growth, Detroit Chapter
- September 22, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- New Round of Cares Act Provider Relief Fund Payments: Certain Dentists, Medicaid Providers, Chip Providers EligibleJuly 23, 2020
- It's Election Season Again; Time to Revisit the Rules on Tax-Exempt Organizations Participating in Public Policy and Political ActivitiesJuly 22, 2020
- Update! There’s Still Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessments; Additional Extended Deadlines for Property Tax Appeals due to New LegislationJune 12, 2020
- There’s Still Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessments; Extended Deadlines for Property Tax Appeals Due to Executive OrderMay 19, 2020
- Commercial Lease Obligations During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Understanding Your Rights and Remedies in Light of Government Mandated ClosuresApril 10, 2020
- Individual and Business Taxpayer Relief: IRS and State of Michigan Postpone Tax Filing and Payment DeadlinesApril 8, 2020
- Business Governance Issues of Remote/Virtual Meetings: How Can your Corporation or LLC Conduct Remote Meetings?March 26, 2020