Michael F. Golab
Michael Golab is a shareholder in and former Chair of Butzel Long’s Business Law Department. His practice is focused in the areas of Corporate and Business Law and Mergers and Acquisitions.
Mr. Golab has over thirty years’ experience in representing mid and large size companies, primarily in the manufacturing and service industries. He counsels a variety of U.S. and foreign-owned automotive suppliers in corporate governance, national and international product sales and distribution through various channels and various other areas of operations. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions involving U.S. and foreign-based clients with global operations.
He earned his J.D. from the Detroit College of Law in 1980 and has an M.A. and B.A. from Wayne State University.
- Wayne State University, M.A. B.A.
- Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University 1980, J.D.
Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2018-2020
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Commercial Law, 2011-2012
State Bar of Michigan
- Represented experimental engine manufacturer in bridge financing of working capital needs
- Represented a Mexican corporation in the purchase of the exhaust system business from a major Tier 1 auto supplier in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale; facilities located throughout the world
- General counsel services for major manufacturing client; includes buying and closing new plant, updating company manual, revising shareholder status and udating books and records