Hannah E. Treppa
Hannah Treppa is an associate based in Butzel Long’s Detroit office. Ms. Treppa focuses her practice primarily on employment and labor law. Ms. Treppa’s experience includes defending clients in administrative charges before governmental agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, as well as in state and federal discrimination and retaliation lawsuits. In addition, Ms. Treppa has also represented clients in general matters pertaining to commercial and tort litigation and arbitration, including breach of contract actions and product liability litigation. Ms. Treppa is admitted to practice in the State of Michigan, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, and United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
Ms. Treppa is a proud alumna of Hillsdale College (B.A.), and the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D., cum laude). While in law school, Ms. Treppa served as the Executive Editor of Outside Articles for UDM’s Law Review. Ms. Treppa was also a member of UDM’s National Trial Advocacy Competition Team, UDM’s Moot Court team, served as a chairman of UDM’s Public Interest Committee, and worked as a student lawyer for the 35th District Court Public Defender.
While in law school Ms. Treppa also served as a judicial intern for Hon. Chief U.S. District Judge Gerald E. Rosen at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, as well as for Hon. Chief Judge James A. Plakas at the 35th District Court in Plymouth, MI.
- Author, with Carey A. DeWitt, Presentation of the Decision-Making Witness, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, February 2018.
- Author, Not A Huge Fan: Deterring the Implementation of Wind Turbines in the Great Lakes, 93 U. Det. Mercy L. Rev. 321, 322 (2016)
- Presenter: "Public Accommodations and Employment Law 101 for the Service Industry," Butzel Long Webinar, June 2019
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D.
- Hillsdale College, B.A.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Labor and Employment Law, 2020-2021
Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor & Employment - Associate to Watch, 2021
Ralph M. Freeman Foundation Law School Scholarship (2016) – “For academic achievement in U.S. Civil Procedure, and exemplifying the civility and professionalism expected of a trial attorney.”
Book Awards: Advanced Legal Research, U.S. Civil Procedure
Dean’s List (by semester): Winter 2016, Winter 2015, Winter 2014
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Michigan Defense Trial Counsel - Co-Chair of the Trial Practice Section
Board Member of the Detroit Bar Association Barristers
American Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Michigan Federal Bar Association
Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
Woman Lawyers Association of Michigan
The Federalist Society
- Governor Whitmer issues Executive Order 2020-166 changing the quarantine requirements for those who test positive or are symptomatic and who have had close contactAugust 11, 2020
- Governor Whitmer Issues Directive Requiring Michigan Health Care Professionals to Undergo Implicit Bias TrainingJuly 10, 2020
- OSHA Issues Plan Modifying Procedures for Investigations Relating To COVID-19 and Instructs Investigators to Use Discretion in Issuing Citations Based on Employer’s Good Faith EffortsApril 23, 2020
- April 23, 2020
- Oakland County Businesses Remaining Open Under Executive Order 2020-42 Must Require Facial Coverings in Addition to Employee Screenings and Social Distancing PracticesApril 15, 2020
- Oakland County Businesses Remaining Open Under Executive Order 2020-21 Must Conduct Employee Screenings in Addition to Social Distancing PracticesMarch 24, 2020
- December 16, 2019
- October 25, 2019
- December 17, 2018
- Detroit, MI
- Detroit, MI
- Detroit, MI