Roxana Zaha is a Shareholder based in Butzel Long's real estate practice in our Bloomfield Hills office.
Ms. Zaha is a graduate of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude), where she was a member of the school's Law Review (2007-2009), a member of the Board of Directors for Moot Court (2007-2008), a member of the Dean's Honor Society (2007-2009), and a member of the Frank Murphy Honor Society. She was a quarterfinalist in the 2007 G. Mennen Williams Moot Court Competition, the winner of the 2007 Advanced Advocacy Internal Moot Court Competition, and a regional semifinalist at the 2008 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition. Ms. Zaha was also a Pupil at the American Inns of Court (2008-2009), and she received the Eugene Gargaro and Dean's Scholarship (2007-2008), which is awarded to students with excellent academic credentials. She is a graduate of Oakland University (B.A., cum laude) and received the Michigan Competitive Scholarship and Michigan Merit Award during that time.
Prior to joining Butzel Long, Ms. Zaha worked as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney at the Oakland County Prosecutor's Office, where she prosecuted criminal cases in district court and tried jury and bench trials.
Ms. Zaha concentrates her practice in the area of commercial real estate. She assists clients in all aspects of acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing real estate transactions. Ms. Zaha advises clients regarding title matters and regularly works with title insurance companies and land surveying companies. Ms. Zaha has represented purchasers of distressed real estate assets, including two multi-family residential rental projects in the Metro Detroit area. She represents borrowers and lenders in multi-million dollar real estate financing transactions. Ms. Zaha is certified by the National Association of Development Companies (a trade association of companies that have been certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration to provide funding for small businesses) to close SBA loans under the SBA’s 504 Loan program.
Ms. Zaha also represents clients in residential real estate matters, including purchasing and selling residential property, drafting lease agreements and representing both landlords and tenants in lease disputes litigated in landlord-tenant court.
Ms. Zaha is admitted to practice in Michigan State Courts and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Federal Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Law School 2009, J.D.
- Oakland University Undergraduate -2147483648, B.A.
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star - Real Estate, 2013-2018
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Real Estate Law, 2016-2018
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
State Bar of Michigan
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
- Butzel Long attorneys named to 2018 Super Lawyers list
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2018
- Butzel Long attorneys named to 2017 Super Lawyers list
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys named to 2016 Super Lawyers list
- Butzel Long elects shareholders
- Butzel Long attorney Roxana Zaha selected to participate in Leadership Oakland’s LOXXVI Class
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2016
- Fifty-seven Butzel Long Attorneys Named to the 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers List
- Fifty-Five Butzel Long Attorneys Named to the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers List
- Butzel Long adds two attorneys to firm