Robert H. Schwartz
Robert H. Schwartz is a shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office. He graduated from Wayne State University Law School (J.D., 1972) and Wayne State University (B.A., 1969). He is admitted to practice in Michigan and New York.
Mr. Schwartz's practice includes corporate and health care activities. He has extensive experience in business planning, mergers and acquisitions and in assisting health care and hospital clients in the health care regulatory areas including reimbursement, fraud and abuse, and hospital physician relations, among others. He also works on various international matters with a particular emphasis on Mexico, Latin America and Canada.
Mr. Schwartz is a member of the Health Law Sections of the American Bar Association and State Bar of Michigan, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association, as well as the State Bar of Michigan. He is a Board Member of Oakland County Michigan's Medical Main Street and an American Health Lawyer Association trained Arbitrator, Mediator and Hearing Officer.
The Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) appointed Mr. Schwartz to the Committee on Hospital-Physician Alignment and the Health Information Strategy Committee.
Mr. Schwartz has also authored a number of articles for various publications and is a frequent lecturer on various topics relating to health care.
- Health Information Technology
- Non Profit Organizations
- Automation Alley
- Health Care Outsourcing
- Physician & Physician Organizations
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Telemedicine & E-Health
- Stark, Fraud & Abuse
- Health Care
- Health Care Industry Team
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Medical Negligence
- Business Planning
- Finance & Restructuring
- Wayne State University Law School Law School 1972, J.D.
- Wayne State University Undergraduate 1969, B.A.
Michigan Super Lawyers, Health Care, 2006-2007 2011-2016
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Health Care Law, 2011-2012, 2017
- New York
American Bar Association - Health Law Section Business Law Section
State Bar of Association - Health Law Section Business Law Section
American Health Lawyers Association
Board Member of Oakland County Michigan's Medical Main Street
The Michigan Health & Hospital Association (MHA) - Committee on Hospital-Physician Alignment and the Health Information Strategy Committee
- Butzel Long attorney Robert H. Schwartz interviewed on WJR about upcoming Health Care event
- Thirty health care innovators discuss entrepreneurial opportunities during Butzel Long conference on March 23 in Detroit
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys named to 2016 Super Lawyers list
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2016
- Fifty-seven Butzel Long Attorneys Named to the 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers List
- Fifty-Five Butzel Long Attorneys Named to the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers List
- Half-day seminar offers accountants and financial planners important tax law updates
- Butzel Long attorneys to discuss significant changes to HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules at March 22 breakfast briefing at Automation Alley in Troy
- Butzel Long attorneys named to Super Lawyers 2012
- Butzel Long attorney Robert H. Schwartz writes section in American Health Lawyers Association's Accountable Care Organization Member Briefing
- Butzel Long co-presents Health Care 2012 half-day seminar with McDermott Will & Emery on March 22, 2012 in East Lansing
- 68 Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2012
- Butzel Long attorneys Robert A. Hudson and Robert H. Schwartz are contributors to ICLE’s Michigan Business Formbook
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plans half-day seminar on May 18 in Troy
- Butzel Long attorney comments on legal challenge to health care reform
- Sixty-four Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2011
- Butzel Long attorney Robert H. Schwartz appointed to Michigan Health & Hospital Association Health Information Strategy Committee
- Butzel Long attorneys co-author guest article to run in the April edition of the ABA publication The Health Lawyer
- Butzel Long attorney Robert H. Schwartz featured during ABA December 11 podcast
- Robert H. Schwartz elected to Executive Committee for Crime Stoppers of Southeastern Michigan
- MACRA is coming; MACRA is coming!
- Echo, Echo, Echo...
- Federal Government Extends Moratorium on New HHAs and Ambulance Suppliers
- Cybersecurity: What is it and What to do about it
- Telemedicine - Getting Paid
- Patient Portals: Open Doors or Trap Doors?
- Certificate of Need Change?
- Paying it Backwards: Medicare and Medicaid Repayments
- Medicare Physician Reimbursement Changed by Medicare Access and CHIP Authorization Act
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Continues to Fight "Hidden Fees" Suits Despite Major Loss in Court of Appeals
- Will the Affordable Care Act Survive?
- CMS Moratorium Ices Home Health Agencies and Ambulance Companies in HEAT Locations
- Health Care - Michigan Senate Passes Medicaid Expansion
- Health Care - HIPAA Mega Rule Action Plan
- Medicare Tax Increases Beginning in 2013
- Health Care - New Michigan Laws Cover Telemedicine Technologies in Health Care Professional/Patient Care: “The Doctor will see you now.”
- Health Care - Supreme Court Rules Obama's Health Care Reform Act Constitutional
- Health Care - Medicare and Medicaid NPI: Changes in Provider and Supplier Enrollment, Ordering and Referring, and Documentation
- Health Care - Steps Toward Health Reform in 2012
- E-news: Health Care Law - April 29, 2010
- Automation Alley Newsletter - April 2010
- E-news: Butzel Long E-news - 03/26/2010
- Automation Alley Newsletter - February 2010
- Automation Alley Newsletter - October 2009
- E-news: Health Care Law - 09/10/09
- Automation Alley Newsletter - July 2009
- E-news: Health Care Law - 06/10/09
- Automation Alley Newsletter - June 2009
- E-news: Butzel Long E-news - 03/11/2009