Robert P. Perry
Robert P. Perry has extensive experience in many facets of estate and business succession planning and sophisticated business succession and estate leveraging tools including the preparation and implementation of buy-sell agreements, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable remainder and lead trusts, generation-skipping and "dynasty" trusts, personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, split dollar insurance planning, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies and planning for distributions from qualified plans and individual retirement accounts. Mr. Perry has also obtained substantial experience in miscellaneous probate and trust issuance, tax compliance and estate tax audit and internal revenue service litigation matters.
Mr. Perry is a frequent lecturer on various estate planning topics, including estate planning for qualified plan assets and individual retirement accounts and using charitable planning techniques for qualified plan assets. Mr. Perry has also published articles on estate planning and tax topics.
- University of Michigan Law School Law School 1988, J.D.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate 1985, B.A.
- Wayne State University Law School 1997, LL.M. Taxation
Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2018
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Trusts and Estates, 2011-2012, 2014 Tax Law, 2016
State Bar of Michigan - Probate and Estate Planning Section
Oakland County Financial and Estate Planning Council
Oakland County Bar Association - Probate Estate and Trust Committee
Collier County Bar Association - Trust and Estate Section
- Provided complex Estate Planning services for numerous Senior Executive level individuals from major automotive manufacturers.
- Provided estate and succession planning services for some of the wealthiest individuals in Michigan.
- Created numerous private charitable foundations.
- Handled the administration of several estates in excess of $100 million.
- Actively involved in the administration of one of the largest estates in Michigan.
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2018
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2016
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2014
- Half-day seminar offers accountants and financial planners important tax law updates
- 68 Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2012
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plans half-day seminar on May 18 in Troy
- Butzel Long attorney Robert P. Perry to discuss new tax law – TRA 2010 during February 17 program
- Sixty-four Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2011
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plan half-day seminar on May 20 in Troy
- Butzel Long's Taxation and Succession Planning Institute hosts seminar on June 4, 2009 in Troy
- Butzel Long attorney Robert P. Perry featured at National Business Institute Estate Planning Program on February 17, 2009
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute hosts June 5 seminar in Troy
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute hosts seminar on October 25 in Troy