W. Patrick Dreisig
W. Patrick Dreisig is a shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office. He is a Vice President of Butzel Long and serves on the firm's Board of Directors. He is co-chair of the firm's Finance Committee and Global Automotive Industry Group and a member of the firm's Business Law Practice.
Mr. Dreisig focuses his practice in general business law and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, recapitalizations, debt and equity finance transactions, venture capital transactions, supply agreements, intellectual property development and licensing transactions, customer and supplier workouts, entity selection and formation, corporate governance and business succession.
Mr. Dreisig practices extensively within the automotive supplier industry. He is highly experienced in representing automotive suppliers in structuring and negotiating long term supply and other commercial arrangements with automotive manufacturers and other suppliers.
Mr. Dreisig received his B.A. degree, with distinction, from the University of Michigan in 1974 and his J.D. degree from Wayne State University in 1977, where he served as an editor of the Wayne Law Review in 1976-77.
Mr. Dreisig is a member of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan. He has also served as a member of the Legal Issues Council, and as past counsel to the Chief Purchasing Officers Council, of the Original Equipment Suppliers Association. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Governance Law as well as DBusiness Magazine Top Corporate Counsel.
Mr. Dreisig's experience includes the following:
- Negotiated a complex Supply Agreement for major Tier I automotive supplier with an OEM; included subsidies and exit provisions for the supplier.
- Negotiated a Settlement Agreement for a major Tier I automotive supplier with an OEM of claims arising under long-term Supply Agreement.
- Negotiated a Settlement Agreement for a major Tier I automotive supplier with an OEM resulting in $40,000,000 in payments to the supplier and a commitment by the OEM to provide significant additional future business to the supplier.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate 1974, B.A. with distinction
- Wayne State University Law School Law School 1977, J.D.
The Best Lawyers in America, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Corporate Governance Law
DBusiness Top Lawyers, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law & Corporate Governance Law
DBusiness Top Corporate Counsel
American Bar Association - Business Law and Taxation Section
State Bar of Michigan - Business Law and Taxation Sections
Original Equipment Suppliers Association - Legal Issues Council past counsel to the Chief Purchasing Officers Council
- Negotiation of a Complex Supply Agreement for major Tier I Automotive Supplier with an OEM; included subsidies and exit provisions
- Negotiation of complex Settlement Agreement with an OEM of claims arising under long-term Supply Agreement
- Negotiated a settlement agreement for a major auto supplier with an OEM resulting in $40,000,000 in payments to the supplier, deal also included commitment by OEM to provide significant additional future business to supplier
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2018
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2016
- Butzel Long attorney W. Patrick Dreisig Op-Ed on Autonomous Vehicles appears in Crain's Detroit Business
- Butzel Long Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2014
- Two Butzel Long attorneys have each been named a 2013 Detroit FIVE STAR Wealth Manager SM
- Half-day seminar offers accountants and financial planners important tax law updates
- Butzel Long elects shareholders to the firm’s Board of Directors
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2013
- Two Butzel Long attorneys have each been named a 2012 FIVE STAR Wealth Manager SM
- Two Butzel Long attorneys recognized in survey as Detroit 2011 FIVE STAR Wealth ManagersSM
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plans half-day seminar on May 18 in Troy
- Butzel Long elects leadership team
- Butzel Long attorneys featured recently at OESA day-long program on mergers & acquisitions
- Three Butzel Long attorneys recognized in survey as a 2010 FIVE STAR Wealth Manager
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plan half-day seminar on May 20 in Troy
- Butzel Long law firm collaborates with Original Equipment Suppliers Association on 2009 OESA Comparative Analysis
- Butzel Long Represents More Than 60 Creditors in Chrysler Bankruptcy
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute hosts seminar on October 25 in Troy