Nancy Keppelman is Of Counsel based in Butzel Long’s Ann Arbor office practicing in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation law.
Ms. Keppelman became a fellow in American College of Employee Benefits Counsel ("ACEBC") in 2002. Nancy is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for employee benefits expertise, and is among a handful of Michigan lawyers given the highest rating in employee benefits law by Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business. She is also a past member of the Tax Council of the Michigan State Bar and past president of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan – Washtenaw Region.
In addition to being a frequent speaker and author on pensions and employee benefit matters, Nancy is a contributing author to the first edition of "Michigan Business Formbook" (ICLE), and is the editor and an author of "QDROs, EDROs & Division of Employee Benefits on Divorce, a Guide for Michigan Practitioners" (ICLE 2d ed). Nancy also annually updates the ICLE Michigan Family Law Benchbook chapter on the division of pensions and employee benefits in divorce.
- University of Michigan, J.D.
Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
Chambers USA, Employee Benefits Law
Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2011
Michigan Super Lawyers, Employee Benefits, 2015-2016
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Employee Benefits Law, 2016-2017
- Michigan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan
- Tax Council of the Michigan State Bar – past member
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan – Washtenaw Region, past president
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys named to 2016 Super Lawyers list
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America 2017
- Butzel Long’s Immigration Department is the only Michigan law firm recognized in Immigration ranking by Chambers USA 2016
- Butzel Long attorneys named to Chambers USA 2016
- Butzel Long attorney Nancy Keppelman profiled in the Legal News
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2016
- Fifty-seven Butzel Long Attorneys Named to the 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers List
- Stevenson Keppelman Associates joins Butzel Long