Michael F. Golab
Michael F. Golab is a shareholder based in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office and serves as the Practice Group Leader of the firm's Corporate Practice lawyers. He practices primarily in the areas of corporate and business law, representing mid-size manufacturing and service companies. He earned his J.D. from the Detroit College of Law in 1980 and an M.A. and B.A. from Wayne State University.
Mr. Golab has represented many foreign corporations with subsidiaries in the United States. His experience includes corporate mergers and acquisitions, and counseling clients involved in the national and international distribution of products through their own employee sales force, independent distributors, and manufacturer representatives. He has represented a variety of U.S. and foreign-owned automotive suppliers in the sale of their products.
- Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University 1980, J.D.
- Wayne State University, M.A.; B.A.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Commercial Law, 2011-2012
State Bar of Michigan
- General counsel services for major manufacturing client; includes buying and closing new plant, updating company manual, revising shareholder status and udating books and records
- Represented experimental engine manufacturer in bridge financing of working capital needs
- Represented a Mexican corporation in the purchase of the exhaust system business from a major Tier 1 auto supplier in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale; facilities located throughout the world