Laura E. Johnson
Laura E. Johnson is a Shareholder based in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office, practicing in the area of business and corporate law.
Ms. Johnson practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, entity formation and general corporate and business law.
Ms. Johnson is the co-chair of Butzel Long's Pro-Bono Committee and a member of the firm's Recruiting, Diversity and Retention Committee. She also currently serves as a member of OESA’s Young Leadership Council 3 and a member of its Talent Retention subcommittee.
Prior to joining Butzel Long, Ms. Johnson worked as a law clerk in the office of the General Counsel for DaimlerChrysler Financial Services Americas and also held several positions with DFCU Financial Federal Credit Union.
Ms. Johnson is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009) where she was a member of Law Review and Executive Editor (2008-09). She also graduated from the University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2006).
Ms. Johnson is admitted to practice in Michigan State Courts, New York State Courts and the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She is a member of the Federal Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan.
- Delaware Rapid Arbitration Act
- Contributor to ABA’s The Developing Labor Law
- Contributor to Original Equipment Supplier Association (OESA) North American OEM Production P.O. Terms and Conditions Comparative Analysis
- Michigan State University College of Law 2009, J.D.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate 2006, B.A.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Corporate Law, 2016-2017
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- New York
Federal Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
- Successfully negotiated dispute with large shareholder including redemption of shares and related tax and financing issues
- Represented foreign company in acquisition of software companies in asset transactions, including management of due diligence
- Successfully closed a complex, $50 million private equity financing including a reincorporation merger and a myriad of difficult pre-closing transactions
- Successfully defended and defeated class certification motions in a multi-million dollar Florida concrete antitrust action
- Represented and advised client in purchases of insurance companies
- Represented and led negotiations in purchase of shares of medical company
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long elects shareholders
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2016
- Butzel Long receives Pro Bono Service Award from Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Butzel Long adds associate attorneys