John A. Forrest
John A. Forrest is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office. He concentrates his practice in the areas of franchise and distribution, commercial contracts, business planning, and corporate law. He has been recognized by DBusiness as a Top Lawyer in franchise law.
Mr. Forrest is a graduate of the University of Detroit (J.D. 1981) and the University of Michigan (A.B. 1977), in addition to Wayne State University (LL.M, in Taxation, 1987).
He is admitted to the Michigan State Bar and a member of the Oakland County Bar and American Bar Association. While at the University of Detroit, Mr. Forrest served as the article and book review editor for the University of Detroit Journal of Urban Law and has held the role of lecturer for the State Bar and Trade Group Seminars on Franchising.
Mr. Forrest has authored several published works including "Covenants Against Competition in Franchise Agreements" for the second and third editions of the Michigan Chapter of the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, the Michigan Business Formbook for the ICLE and a number of other franchise related articles.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Law School 1981, J.D.
- University of Michigan Undergraduate 1977, A.B.
- Wayne State University Law School Law School 1987, LL.M. Taxation
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Franchise Law
Oakland County Bar Association
American Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan - Antitrust, Franchising and Trade Regulation Section (Past Chairperson)
American Bar Association Forum Committee on Franchising
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2018
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2016
- Butzel Long Elects Four New Shareholders
- May, Simpson & Strote joins Butzel Long