Gunther J. Evanina
Gunther J. Evanina is a shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Lansing office. He concentrates his practice on intellectual property, including patent prosecution, license agreements, trademarks, and copyrights.
Mr. Evanina has over twenty years of experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a wide variety of chemical, pharmaceutical, and mechanical technologies, including coatings, sealants, and adhesives; chemical sensors; transdermal, oral, sublingual, and intravenous delivery devices; photonic devices and optical fiber technology; and chemical and mechanical manufacturing processes and equipment. A substantial part of his practice involves preparing opinions and counseling clients on patent infringement and validity issues.
Mr. Evanina is a graduate of Cleveland State University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1983; MS., Chemical Engineering, 1985) in Cleveland, OH, and of the Detroit College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1990). He is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the State of Michigan.
Mr. Evanina is a member of the Intellectual Property Owners Association and the American Chemical Society.
- Detroit College of Law Law School 1990, J.D.
- Cleveland State University Undergraduate 1983, B.S., Chemical Engineering
- Cleveland State University Graduate 1985, M.S., Chemical Engineering
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Litigation-Intellectual Property, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Intellectual Property Owners Association
American Chemical Society
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2018
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys appointed to the Macomb-Oakland University INCubator Advisory Council
- Butzel Long intellectual property attorney featured during panel program on April 2 at Macomb-OU INCubator in Sterling Heights
- Butzel Long continues expansion of Intellectual Property Practice