Damien DuMouchel is a Shareholder based in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office. He concentrates his practice in the area of white collar criminal defense, corporate investigations, and professional discipline matters for lawyers and judges. Mr. DuMouchel is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., 2010) and Boston College (B.A., 2004), where he earned a double major in psychology and sociology.
White-Collar Defense Practice
Mr. DuMouchel has represented individuals and corporations under investigation for, or charged with, antitrust violations, healthcare fraud, tax evasion, and obstruction of justice. He also assists clients with regard to grand jury investigations, subpoenas, and search warrants.
Professional Discipline Practice
Mr. DuMouchel also represents lawyers and judges facing professional discipline inquiries. This representation includes matters before the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission.
Admissions & Memberships
Mr. DuMouchel is admitted to practice in Michigan and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the American Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association. Mr. DuMouchel is also a member of the Federal Bar Association Criminal Practice Committee.
- Boston College Graduate 2004, B.A.
- University of Miami School of Law Law School 2010, J.D.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, White-Collar Criminal Defense, 2017 & 2018
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
State Bar of Michigan
American Bar Association
Federal Bar Association - Criminal Practice Committee
- Represented multiple Japanese Auto Supplier companies in criminal antitrust investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, Antitrust Division (Washington, DC)
- Represented individual charged in municipal corruption case
- Represented individuals charged with income tax evasion and others in State and Federal tax investigations
- Represented Corporation and Executive in federal grand jury investigation related to Export violations
- Assisted in defense of individual charged in SEC fraud matter