Brett A. Rendeiro
Brett Rendeiro is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel Long’s Bloomfield Hills office. Mr. Rendeiro concentrates his practice in labor and employment law and has evolved into a trial advocate with substantial experience in employment and complex commercial disputes.
- Represented manufacturing, service, retail and banking clients against discrimination and harassment claims, all resulting in summary dismissal, settlement or favorable jury and arbitration verdicts.
- Obtained numerous temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions against former employees for theft of trade secrets and other confidential, proprietary information.
- Secured numerous settlements favorable to clients involving the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, the Defend Trade Secrets Act, the Michigan Uniform Trade Secrets Act and non-compete/non-solicitation agreements.
- Obtained judgment against former manufacturing engineer for theft of trade secrets.
- Obtained permanent injunction and judgment against former employees of financial institution for theft of trade secrets.
- Defeated employees’ motion for conditional certification for claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Obtained summary dismissal of employees’ claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Defeated numerous motions for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions involving automotive supply chain disputes.
- Successfully represented several large financial institutions in complex real estate and lending litigation matters, including appointment of receivers, injunctions and other equitable actions.
- Successfully represented Fortune 500 company in litigation involving an earn-out agreement.
- Represented majority shareholder of professional services firm in shareholder oppression litigation resulting in favorable settlement to client.
Mr. Rendeiro is a graduate of Wayne State University Law School (J.D., 2001, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Wayne Law Review, Survey Editor) and Eastern Michigan University (B.B.A., Finance, 1998).
- Wayne State University Law School 2001, J.D.
- Eastern Michigan University 1998, B.B.A.
Best Lawyers in America® since 2014
DBusiness© magazine, Top Lawyer, 2015
Leading Lawyers: Commercial Litigation; Employment Law - Management
Federal Bar Association
Oakland County Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan, Board members, 2009-present; chair, 2018
- U.S. Supreme Court Poised to Determine Whether Title VII Prohibits Sexual Orientation and Transgender DiscriminationApril 25, 2019
- Michigan Supreme Court to Consider Requests Regarding the Constitutionality of the new Paid Medical Leave Act and Changes to the Minimum WageApril 4, 2019
- March 28, 2019
- February 5, 2019
- December 20, 2018
- December 17, 2018