Galia Avramov is a Senior Paralegal in Butzel Long’s Immigration Practice Group.
Ms. Avramov has worked in the field of immigration law for over 12 years. She has extensive experience and legal expertise in various aspects of business and family immigration and has assisted in the preparation of various nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions, including: L-1 (Intracompany Transferees), O-1 (Extraordinary Ability), H-1B (Professionals), H-2B (Temporary Workers), H-3 (Trainees), E-1/E-2 (Treaty Trader/Investor), and TN (Canadian and Mexican Nationals); Labor Certification Applications; Immigrant Petitions for multi-national managers/executives, individuals with extraordinary abilities, outstanding researchers, individuals with advanced degrees, professionals, and skilled workers; and motions to reconsider denials of various petitions and applications. Ms. Avramov has also assisted with the following:
- Motions to Reconsider Denial of H-1B Petitions
- Motions to Reconsider Denial of PERM Labor Certification Applications
- Pro Bono projects involving assisting in the preparation and submission of political asylum applications for individuals from Liberia, Ukraine, and Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Conducted research and assisted in preparing adjustment of status for a person requesting benefits under the Child Status protection Act
Ms. Avramov has presented at Butzel Long immigration seminars and has co-authored two articles published in the Michigan Bar Journal, including: "Post 9-11 Challenges for the Immigration Paralegal," Michigan Bar Journal, (July 2007), Volume 86, No. 7 and "Going Global," Michigan Bar Journal, (March 2001), Volume 80, No.3.
- Michigan State University - Eli Broad School of Business 1009, Bachelor of Engineering in Textile Materials and Design
- Wayne State University, B.A.
- Kliment Ohridski University, Sofia, Bulgaria, J.D.
- Oakland Community College, Paralegal Certificate
American Bar Association
Member, Board of the National Lawyers Guild (NLG)- Michigan Chapter
NLG National Immigration Project - participated in Legal Clinics organized by NLG