Bill Quan Yang
Mr. Yang is an associate working at Butzel Long’s Detroit office. Mr. Yang concentrates his practice in commercial litigation supporting, international merger and acquisition, regulatory compliance, and transactional negotiations.
Mr. Yang assists Butzel’s litigation and corporate practice groups on matters in Asian market and clients from Asia. His has extensive experience in international direct investment, joint ventures, international mergers and acquisitions, international tax planning, off-shore structure, corporate governance, and litigation. Mr. Yang is working with our experienced automotive practice group on Automotive Safety, Compliance, Product Liability, Recall and Warranty practices matters.
Mr. Yang has extensive experiences in business and management consulting. He used to work as Trade Analyst at Italian Trade Commission-ICE Italian government agency (2008), Foreign Investment and Foreign Affairs Advisor at Commission of Commerce, Tianjin China (2005-2007), Foreign Investment Examiner at Commission of Foreign Trade and Economic Relationship, Tianjin China (2002-2005), and as Ocean Shipping Client Representative at Mediterranean Shipping Company- MSC (2001). He has helped over one hundred investors from the U.S., Japan, Korea, and European countries invest in China mainland and Hong Kong.
Available on public record, as government examiner, Mr. Yang used to work with Walmart (new stores), ExxonMobile (China merger), Toyota Motors (Joint venture), Toyota Tsusho (contracts), Motorola (China semiconductor spin-off), Aisin (joint venture, equipment import, recapitalization), Denso (recapitalization), Samsung (China merger), Hyundai (recapitalization), LG (joint venture, recapitalization), Shell (joint venture, China merger), Carrefour (new stores), Mitsumi (recapitalization), GSK (tax planning), OTIS (joint venture), etc.
Mr. Yang is a graduate of University of Detroit Mercy (American J.D., 2013), University of Windsor (Canadian J.D., 2013), Boston University (LL.M. in International Business Transaction, 2010), Nankai University (LL.M. in China Commercial Law, 2006), and Tianjin Foreign Studies University (B.A. in Business, 2000). Mr. Yang is fluent in Mandarin.
- University of Detroit Mercy (American J.D., 2013)
- University of Windsor (Canadian J.D., 2013)
- Boston University (LL.M. in International Business Transaction, 2010)
- Nankai University (LL.M. in China Commercial Law, 2006)
- Tianjin Foreign Studies University (B.A. in Business, 2000)
- Section 301 List 3 China Tariffs Exclusion Process and Exclusion Request Form Finalized by U.S. Trade Representative; Additional Confidential Business Information on Requester’s Gross Revenues Now RequiredJune 21, 2019
- Commerce Department Announces Update to Section 232 Procedure for New Steel and Aluminum Exclusion RequestsJune 7, 2019
- What Butzel Clients (and Others) Can Do Right Now about Tariffs – Write/Call Your Congressional RepsJune 5, 2019