Creating a culture of environmental awareness and responsibility is an initiative to which Butzel Long is fully committed. In addition to paper recycling, a practice that has been in place for a number of years, Butzel Long has implemented many other eco-friendly practices including:
- purchasing paper and envelopes that contain at least 30% post-consumer recycled content;
- elimination of paper calendars and appointment books;
- elimination of plastic drinking cups;
- elimination of bottled water;
- use of PC power management software;
- installation of energy efficient lamping for overhead and task lighting;
- use of sustainable building materials wherever possible
- encouraging duplex printing and copying;
- electronic distribution of internal communications
As a result of these efforts, Butzel Long has qualified as a Partner in the Law Office Climate Challenge program established by the American Bar Association’s Section of Environment, Energy and Resources in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Implementing changes to reduce our resource consumption has become an element of Butzel Long’s culture. Seeking new ways to contribute to the reduction of our carbon footprint will be an ongoing endeavor at Butzel Long.